Emerging Talent Program U6-U7
The SYA Soccer Emerging Talent Program (ETP) is focused on talented and enthusiastic Recreation players. The mission of the program is to create an environment of individual player development for players in the U6 and U7 Recreation program. The SYA ETP serves as a direct bridge from the Recreation program to the U8 Academy. The U8 academy program is designed to prepare those players that desire a higher level of coaching and training and show a passion for the game of soccer.
In the ETP program, the players in each age group train together at a centralized location in player pools rather than on individual teams. To be eligible to participate in the ETP Program the player must be currently registered in the SYA Recreation Program and must be invited by Craig Scott, Director of the ETP and U8 academy.
ETP Program Details – Fall 2016
This six-week program runs on September 19 and 26 and October 3, 17,24, 31 (rain date November 7) The cost is $90 and the time is 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm at the SYA Sports Park. This program is for players born in 2009/2010/2011.
Emerging Talent Program Philosophy
- Environment that is fun and instills a love of the game (intrinsic motivation).
- Environment that encourages risk-taking and creativity both in practice and in games.
- Environment that places individual players, not teams, central to all decision-making regarding training and competition.
- Environment where young players are exposed to a game that emphasizes skill development over team development.
- Development predicated on playing possession soccer, which requires highly technical skills.
- Development of complete soccer players that understand the game and all positions, possess technical skill, and work hard.
- Maximizing development by placing together the best and/or most committed players.
- Ensuring flexibility in game format so that learning takes precedence over game management and administration.
- Coaching through age appropriate demonstrations and activities versus drills to train technique as well as decision-making.
- Focusing on teaching correct technique – dribbling, ball control, passing, shooting, juggling, etc.
- Utilizing guided discovery teaching methods versus the command style, giving the game back to the kids and enhancing their problem solving abilities.
- Coaching through positive, constructive, brief, specific feedback.
- Utilizing Directors of Youth Development that govern all training for the U6-U10 Junior Academy, set seasonal and program curriculum, and oversee all player development in these vital ages. Ensuring a consistent long term development plan.
- Qualified, licensed, experienced staff coaches using a long term development plan and curriculum.
- Success is determined by learning and fun – not by scores and standings.
If you have any questions about the program please email Craig Scott, Academy Director
Click Below To Translate:
SYA Office Location: 5950 Centreville Crest Lane, Centreville, VA 20121 | SYA Mailing Address: Southwestern Youth Association, P.O. Box 471, Centreville, VA 20122 Phone: (703) 815-3362 | Fax: (703) 815-2180 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | Designed by GroupNet Solutions