SYA Little League is offering a week of summer baseball camp with Westfield HS Head Coach Rob Hahne for ages 6-12 (Machine Pitch to Majors). The 4 day camp (rain date on Friday) benefit the camper and the SYA Little League and the Westfield high school programs from August 20 through 23 from 9am-1pm at the Cub Run ES baseball fields:
Cost of the camp is $160 per player. This is a great opportunity to learn and improve player skills and get ready for the fall season. The camp will focus on improving players each day, working on the fundamentals of hitting, fielding, throwing, pitching, catching, and general baseball aptitude. We are limiting each camp session to 40 players. Click here to register.
WHAT TO BRING
- Plenty of fluids (water, sports drinks). Mark all drink containers.
- Lunch. Mark all lunch containers.
- Baseball attire (pants, shirt, hat)
- Baseball equipment (bag, bat, helmet, glove, protective cup)
- Sunscreen on (extra in their bag)
- Check-in will not start until 8:50 am. Players may check-in anytime between 8:50 am – 9 am.
- Players will check-in at the snack bar and keep lunches in the snack bar
- Please no parking in school lot – only can to drop off, pick up. Teachers are back in school this week and need their spaces.
- Check-out will start at 1 pm sharp. Please do not be late picking up your child as it forces staff to change their schedules.
- Please come to the field to pick up your player.
During the summer months, it can get hot even in the morning. We will have extra water available however please be sure that each player brings some with them.
GROUPS / STATIONS
Players will be grouped by both age and skill level for station work and for the games.
9 am – 11:30 am: Skills and Drills (pitching, hitting, throwing, IF, OF, base running…)
11:30 – 12 noon: Lunch
12 – 1 pm: Game
Players should bring their own gear. Any questions should be directed to Bob Woodruff, President SYA Little League at email@example.com.