SYA Little League is offering 4 weeks of summer baseball camps, 2 weeks with Centreville HS Head Coach Scott Findley and 2 weeks with Westfield HS Head Coach Rob Hahne for ages 6-12 (Machine Pitch to Majors). The 4 day camps (rain date on Fridays) will run this summer and benefit SYA Little League and both high school programs:
WHS: July 17-20 & August 14-17
CVHS: July 31-August 3 & August 7-10
SYA Little League / HS Camp – Four SYA Little League Summer Camps will be held during the summer in conjunction with the Centreville and Westfield High School Baseball Head Coaches:
- July 17-20 @ Cub Run ES with Rob Hahne, Westfield Head Coach
- July 31-August 3 @ LLV with Scott Findley, Centreville Head Coach
- August 7-10 @ LLV with Scott Findley
- August 14-17 @ Cub Run with Rob Hahne
Note: Despite Coach Findley recent news on stepping down, he does intend to still be part of the CVHS program and will work these camps.
Ages 6 to 12 (Machine Pitch to Majors) will learn from our local high school coaches and SYA Little League coaches, led by the respective high school head coach. Cost of the camp is $155 per player. This is a great opportunity to learn and improve player skills and get ready for the fall season. The camp will focus on improving players each day, working on the fundamentals of hitting, fielding, throwing, pitching, catching, and general baseball aptitude. We are limiting each camp session to 40 players.
WHAT TO BRING
- Plenty of fluids (water, sports drinks). Mark all drink containers.
- Lunch. Mark all lunch containers.
- Baseball attire (pants, shirt, hat)
- Baseball equipment (bag, bat, helmet, glove, protective cup)
- Sunscreen on (extra in their bag)
- Check-in will not start until 8:50 am. Players may check-in anytime between 8:50 am – 9 am.
- Players will check-in at the snack bar and keep lunches in the snack bar
- Check-out will start at 1 pm sharp. Please do not be late picking up your child as it forces staff to change their schedules.
- Please come to the field to pick up your player.
During the summer months, it can get hot even in the morning. We will have extra water available however please be sure that each player brings some with them.
GROUPS / STATIONS
Players will be grouped by both age and skill level for station work and for the games.
9 am – 11:30 am: Skills and Drills (pitching, hitting, throwing, IF, OF, base running…)
11:30 – 12 noon: Lunch
12 – 1 pm: Game
Players should bring their own gear. Any questions should be directed to Bob Woodruff, President SYA Little League at email@example.com. Registration is at: https://www.youthleaguesusa.com/sya/camp/2017/Camp.html.