SYA Little League is offering 3 weeks of summer baseball camps, 1 week with SYA Baseball Coaches and 2 weeks with Westfield HS Head Coach Rob Hahne for ages 6-12 (Machine Pitch to Majors). The 4 day camps (rain date on Fridays) will run this summer and benefit SYA Little League and the Westfield high school program:
WHS Little League Camps: July 17-20 & August 14-17
SYA Little League Camps: July 31-August 3
& August 7-10
SYA Little League / HS Camp – Four SYA Little League Summer Camps will be held during the summer in conjunction with the Westfield High School Baseball Head Coach:
- July 17-20 @ Cub Run ES with Rob Hahne, Westfield Head Coach
- July 31-August 3 @ LLV with Bob Woodruff, SYA Little League
August 7-10 @ LLV with TBD, SYA Little League
- August 14-17 @ Cub Run with Rob Hahne
Ages 6 to 12 (Machine Pitch to Majors) will learn from our local high school coaches and SYA Little League coaches, led as noted above. Cost of the camp is $155 per player. This is a great opportunity to learn and improve player skills and get ready for the fall season. The camp will focus on improving players each day, working on the fundamentals of hitting, fielding, throwing, pitching, catching, and general baseball aptitude. We are limiting each camp session to 40 players.
WHAT TO BRING
- Plenty of fluids (water, sports drinks). Mark all drink containers.
- Lunch. Mark all lunch containers.
- Baseball attire (pants, shirt, hat)
- Baseball equipment (bag, bat, helmet, glove, protective cup)
- Sunscreen on (extra in their bag)
- Check-in will not start until 8:50 am. Players may check-in anytime between 8:50 am – 9 am.
- Players will check-in at the snack bar and keep lunches in the snack bar
- Check-out will start at 1 pm sharp. Please do not be late picking up your child as it forces staff to change their schedules.
- Please come to the field to pick up your player.
During the summer months, it can get hot even in the morning. We will have extra water available however please be sure that each player brings some with them.
GROUPS / STATIONS
Players will be grouped by both age and skill level for station work and for the games.
9 am – 11:30 am: Skills and Drills (pitching, hitting, throwing, IF, OF, base running…)
11:30 – 12 noon: Lunch
12 – 1 pm: Game
Players should bring their own gear. Any questions should be directed to Bob Woodruff, President SYA Little League at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration is at: https://www.youthleaguesusa.com/sya/camp/2017/Camp.html.