Little League Softball Fees
This table outlines the fees and age levels for the upcoming fall season.
Depending upon enrollment, Juniors and Seniors may be combined.
All players will be required to wear facemasks.
|Level of Play||Softball Age||Beg Date||End Date||Early Bird Registration Fee||County Fee||Out of County Fee||Volunteer Opt-Out|
|Minors||7 to 11||1/1/2007||12/31/2011||$124.50||$5.50||$30||$50|
|Majors||9 to 12||1/1/2006||12/31/2009||$159.50||$5.50||$30||$50|
|Juniors||12 to 14||1/1/2004||12/31/2006||$159.50||$5.50||$30||$50|
|Seniors||13 to 16||1/1/2002||12/31/2005||$159.50||$5.50||$30||$50|
- Softball Age Determination: Player’s age on December 31, 2018. See article on http://syasports.org/softball/ for the details.
- Regular Registration Fee begins August 1, 2018 – add $25 to the above Early Bird Registration Fee.
- Additional Family Discounts: $10 off for second and additional players (must register at the same time). This discount expires on July 31, 2018.
- Out of County Fee are for those players with waivers to play that live outside Fairfax County – We collect this for the county and submit to them
- Volunteer Opt-Out Fee is $50 per family if all players registers at the same time
- Refunds are charged a $35 administration fee. One week after rosters are distributed, there are no refunds.
- Scholarship requests will be charged $50 plus any applicable county fee
- Team formations will be around the second week of August.
Fairfax County Youth Sports Scholarship Program
SYA Softball has a no-pay/no-play policy. All fees must be paid before a player is placed on a team.
SYA provides team jerseys that can be worn over a T-shirt or alone. All you need to buy is a softball glove. The sporting goods stores have larger selections in the spring. Check the tag carefully to be sure you’re buying a softball glove, not a baseball glove. The displays get awfully mixed up!
Wear loose fitting shorts, athletic shorts, or sweatpants. Jeans and fitted shorts don’t allow enough freedom of movement.
Sneakers are fine to start. If you stick with softball, you’ll probably want to get a pair of non-metal softball or baseball cleats.
Bats and Batting Helmets
SYA coaches are given an equipment bag at the start of each season that includes bats, batting helmets with face guards, and chinstraps for team use. If a player wants to buy her own equipment, it must meet current safety standards.
Girls’ softball is played with metal or wood bats. Bats must be certified by the Little League International. Check out the web site for all the details. TeeBall and Coach Pitch bats must align to the Little League Baseball bat standard – USA Baseball label.
Batting helmets must meet Little League standards and be marked with “Meets NOCSAE Standard”. Chin straps and face guards are optional but encouraged, however please note that any alteration to the helmet after purchase must be approved by the manufacturer. Adding paint, decals, and the like may also void the manufacturer warranty. See Little League Softball rule 1.16 for all the details.