Recreational All-Star Policy
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that SYA All Star Teams, including coaches, are selected, practice and play in an equitable, sportsmanlike, and enjoyable manner.
The coaches for SYA All Star Teams shall be the best coaches available to guide SYA House All Star Teams. The selection of All Star coaches will be done by the age group coordinators and approved by the appropriate commissioners. The following criteria may be used to select the All Star coaches:
Level of coaching certification/license and date obtained
Attendance at SYA coaching clinics
Experience/ability as a youth soccer coach
Character and integrity
Player Selection Processes:
FALL 2017 ALL STAR TRYOUT INFORMATION:
- All current SYA Soccer recreational players born 2002-2010 are eligible to try out for their birth year age group provided they are available the entire weekend of Nov 18-19 and have no other commitments. There will be games throughout the day on both days so if your player has another commitment either day, he/she should not try out for all stars. All star teams will practice extra days during the season as well.
- Interested players will try out for their birth year age group for all stars. (ie, if your son was born Mar 15, 2006, he will try out for the 2006 Boys all star team. If your daughter was born Dec 1, 2005, she will try out for the 2005 Girls all star team).
- Only players that attend tryouts will be selected for all stars To clarify, players born in 2002-2010 MUST attend at least one all star try out in order to be eligible to participate in all stars.
- There is no fee for all star tryouts. If selected for all stars, the registration fee will be $35-$45 depending on the age group and $20 for the all star jersey. We will be using NEW all star jerseys this season so all players must order an all star jersey.
- Players do not need to register for all stars before tryouts. You will sign in at the field.
- We strongly encourage players to attend both tryout dates if possible; but player will still be considered for all stars if player can only attend one of the two tryout dates. Please inform coach at try out if can only attend one try out date.
Player fees for participation in the all star tournament are as follows:
- U8 (birth year 2010) – registration fee: $45, all star jersey $20 (we will be using NEW jersey this season.)
- U9-U19 (birth year 2009-1999) – registration fee: $35, all star jersey $20 (we will be using NEW jersey this season)
There are two tryout dates for each age group. Players are encouraged to attend both tryouts if at all possible. Come dressed to play wearing a white t-shirt, bring a soccer ball and water bottle.
Click Below To Translate:
SYA Office Location: 5950 Centreville Crest Lane, Centreville, VA 20121 | SYA Mailing Address: Southwestern Youth Association, P.O. Box 471, Centreville, VA 20122 Phone: (703) 815-3362 | Fax: (703) 815-2180 | E-mail: email@example.com | Designed by GroupNet Solutions