Recreational All-Star Policy
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that SYA All Star Teams, including coaches, are selected, practice and play in an equitable, sportsmanlike, and enjoyable manner.
The coaches for SYA All Star Teams shall be the best coaches available to guide SYA House All Star Teams. The selection of All Star coaches will be done by the age group coordinators and approved by the appropriate commissioners. The following criteria may be used to select the All Star coaches:
Level of coaching certification/license and date obtained
Attendance at SYA coaching clinics
Experience/ability as a youth soccer coach
Character and integrity
Player Selection Processes:
SPRING 2018 ALL STAR TRYOUT INFORMATION:
Thank you for all those players that attended all star try outs these past two weekends. Notification will be made to all players by Mon, May 7.
We have a few age groups that will have try outs this weekend, Sun, May 6. Tryout information is as follows:
- 2010 Girls – Sun, May 6, 4:00-5:15pm, SYA Sports Park #3
- 2006 Boys – Sun, May 6, 3:00-4:30pm, Arrowhead Park #1
- 2004-2005 Boys – Sun, May 6, 4:30-6:00pm, Arrowhead Park #1
- 2002-2003 Boys – Sun, May 6, 12:00-1:30pm, Arrowhead Park #1
- 2002-2003 Girls – Sun, May 6, 4:30-6:00pm, Arrowhead Park #1
The tournament is being held on Jun 16-17, 2017, which is Father’s day weekend and also after FCPS has closed for summer break. Information on all stars and tryouts:
- All current SYA Soccer recreational players born 1999-2010 are eligible to play on their birth year age group all star team provided they are available the entire weekend of Jun 16-17 and have no other commitments. There will be games throughout the day on both days so if your player has another commitment either day, he/she should not try out for all stars. All star teams will practice extra days during the season as well.
- Interested players will try out for their birth year age group for all stars. (ie, if your son was born Mar 15, 2006, he will try out for the 2006 Boys’ all star team. If your daughter was born Dec 1, 2005, she will try out for the 2005 Girls’ all star team).
- Only players that attend tryouts will be selected for all stars (except the U19B age group which will use coach pick selection method.) To clarify, players born in 2002-2010 MUST try out for all stars in order to be eligible to participate in all stars.
- There is no fee for all star tryouts. If selected for all stars, the registration fee will be $35-$45 depending on the age group and $20 for the all star jersey. We will be using the same GREY all star jersey that was introduced in the fall 2017 season.
- Players do not need to register for all stars before tryouts. You will sign in at the field.
- We strongly encourage players to attend both tryout dates if possible; but player will still be considered for all stars if player can only attend one of the two tryout dates. Please inform coach at try out if can only attend one try out date.
Player fees for participation in the all star tournament are as follows:
- U8 (birth year 2010) – registration fee: $45, all star jersey $20 (we will be using NEW jersey this season.)
- U9-U19 (birth year 2009-1999) – registration fee: $35, all star jersey $20 (we will be using NEW jersey this season)
There are two tryout dates for each age group. Players are encouraged to attend both tryouts if at all possible. Come dressed to play wearing a white t-shirt, bring a soccer ball and water bottle.