Recreational All-Star Policy
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that SYA All Star Teams, including coaches, are selected, practice and play in an equitable, sportsmanlike, and enjoyable manner.
The coaches for SYA All Star Teams shall be the best coaches available to guide SYA House All Star Teams. The selection of All Star coaches will be done by the age group coordinators and approved by the appropriate commissioners. The following criteria may be used to select the All Star coaches:
Level of coaching certification/license and date obtained
Attendance at SYA coaching clinics
Experience/ability as a youth soccer coach
Character and integrity
- We will use tryout method for all but our oldest birth year age groups.
- All current SYA Soccer recreational players born 2000-2011 are eligible to play on their birth year age group all star team provided they are available the entire weekend of Nov 17-18 and have no other commitments. There will be games throughout the day on both days so if your player has another commitment either day, he/she should not try out for all stars. All star teams will practice extra days during the season as well.
- Interested players will try out for their birth year age group for all stars. (ie, if your son was born Mar 15, 2006, he will try out for the 2006 Boys’ all star team. If your daughter was born Dec 1, 2005, she will try out for the 2005 Girls’ all star team).
- Only players that attend tryouts will be selected for all stars (except the 2000-2002 birth year age groups which will use coach pick selection method.) To clarify, players born in 2003-2011 MUST try out for all stars in order to be eligible to participate in all stars.
Player fees for participation in the all star tournament are as follows:
- U8 (birth year 2011) – registration fee: $50, all star jersey $20
- U9-U19 (birth year 2009-1999) – registration fee: $40, all star jersey $20
There are two tryout dates for each age group. Players are encouraged to attend both tryouts if at all possible. Come dressed to play wearing a white t-shirt, bring a soccer ball and water bottle.