Learn How to Play
Free Rugby Clinics
“Try something new that your family will remember for a lifetime.”
Spring Clinics: Based off the award-winning “Rookie Rugby” program, several FREE clinics are offered each Spring. Dates and locations for Spring clinics are announced through SYA emailed-announcements, listed here and on the SYA Rugby Facebook page. Don’t know a thing about rugby? Relax, no knowledge of the game or experience necessary. Parents are invited to attend AND actively encouraged to participate … learn the game with your kid!
- Check-in (arrive ~15 minutes prior to clinic): Each family checks their child in at the Sign-In table, signs obligatory waiver, and picks up a colored pinnie for their child (according to age group)
- Quick Introduction (5-10 minutes): Boys and girls are split into appropriate age groups with their friends and sent off to different stations
- Basics of the Sport (35-40 minutes): A number of game-based activities are taught at each station to explain the basics.
- Scrimmages: (25-35 minutes): Undoubtedly the highlight, kids
- Scrimmages will follow the introductory clinic and will undoubtedly be the highlight of your child’s afternoon.
No experience necessary, the clinics are designed to introduce rugby to families unfamiliar with the sport. The goal of this clinic is quickly get a ball in each child’s hands and running around having fun. Bring a water bottle, a good attitude, and a sense of humor.
Click Below To Translate:
SYA Office Location: 5950 Centreville Crest Lane, Centreville, VA 20121 | SYA Mailing Address: Southwestern Youth Association, P.O. Box 471, Centreville, VA 20122 Phone: (703) 815-3362 | Fax: (703) 815-2180 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org | Designed by GroupNet Solutions