U4, U5, U6 GAMES MOVED TO SYA SPORTS PARK FOR SAT APR 22 GAMES ONLY
Due to a school event at Bull Run ES, our U4, U5 and U6 games on Sat April 22 will be played at SYA Sports Park field 4. SYA Sports Park is located at 6626 Bull Run Post Office Road, Centreville, VA 20120.
Games will return to Bull Run ES on April 29 and for the remainder of the season.
SPRING 2017 ALL STAR TRYOUT INFORMATION
US Soccer changed the age group classifications to birth year this past fall. While we implemented this change in our U8 Academy and travel programs, SYA Soccer elected not change to the birth year age groups and stay with what we have been using (8/1/xx-7/31/xx of the next year) in our recreational program. This was decided so that players can continue to play with their classmates. However, for tournaments such as the all-star tournaments that our players participate in the fall and spring, in order to be sanctioned by Virginia Youth Soccer Association, they moved to birth year age groups. Therefore, since each age group that participates in this all-star tournament (U8-U19) will have players in more than one birth year age group, we will be using a tryout selection process for all stars like we did last season and going forward. (U7 players born in 2009 may try out for the U8 all star team.)
All star tryouts for the 2001-2009 age groups will be on Sunday April 2 and Sunday April 23 for the spring all star tournament. The tournament is being held on Jun 17-18, 2017, which is Father’s day weekend. (The U19 Girls’ all star team will use coach pick selection process instead of tryout selection process. There will be no all star team for the U19 Boys’ age group).
Information on all stars and tryouts:
- All current SYA Soccer recreational players born 2001-2009 are eligible to try out for their birth year age group provided they are available the entire weekend of Jun 17-18 and have no other commitments. There will be games throughout the day on both days so if your player has another commitment either day, he/she should not try out for all stars. All star teams will practice extra days during the season as well.
- Interested players will try out for their birth year age group for all stars. (ie, if your son was born Mar 15, 2006, he will try out for the 2006 Boys’ all star team. If your daughter was born Dec 1, 2005, she will try out for the 2005 Girls’ all star team, etc…).
- Only players that attend tryouts will be selected for all stars To clarify, players born in 2001-2009 MUST try out for all stars in order to be eligible to participate in all stars.
- There is no fee for all star tryouts. If selected for all stars, the registration fee will be $35-$45 depending on the age group and $20 for the all star jersey. We will be using the same orange all star jersey that has been used for the past several seasons (We will have new all star jerseys in the fall.)
- Players do not need to register for all stars before tryouts. You will sign in at the field.
- We strongly encourage players to attend both tryout dates if possible; but player will still be considered for all stars if player can only attend one of the two tryout dates. Please inform coach at try out if can only attend one try out date.
ALL STAR TRYOUT SCHEDULE
ALL TRYOUTS WILL BE ON TURF FIELDS AND WILL TAKE PLACE RAIN OR SHINE
Registration for the spring 2017 soccer season is now CLOSED. Registration for the spring season will begin May.
Spring 2017 schedules are posted. Click here for schedules.
On Wednesday nights from April 19 through June 14, we will have adult pick up games at Braddock Park turf from 8:30pm-11:00pm. All 18 and over SYA Soccer parents and coaches are eligible to play.
Fee is bargain priced at $25!!
REGISTER HERE – choose ‘Soccer – Adult spring soccer’ as your sport
Come join us in playing the beautiful game! Have questions or need more information? Contact: Neil Kronimus
The home team is listed first and wears RED. Away team wears BLACK. The U6-U19 recreation soccer kits can be purchased at the Soccer Post store located at 13041 Lee Jackson Memorial Hwy (Route 50), Fairfax, VA. This is the Greenbriar shopping center. Starting with fall 2015 season, the white away jersey has been replaced with a BLACK jersey. All players are required the black jersey starting in the fall 2015 season. U4-U5 age groups do not need to purchase a recreational soccer kit and will receive t-shirts as part of their registration fee.
Location: 5950 Centreville Crest Lane, Centreville
Mailing Address: SYA, PO Box 471, Centreville, VA 20122
Fields Cancellation Hotline: (703) 644-8046
Phone: (703) 539-8630
Fax: (703) 815-2180