FALL 2017 ALL STAR TRYOUT INFORMATION
SYA Soccer will be holding all star tryouts for the 2002-2010 age groups on Sunday September 17 and Sunday September 24 for the fall all star tournament. The tournament is being held on Nov 18-19, 2017. (The U19 Boys’ all star team will use coach pick selection process instead of tryout selection process. There will be no all star team for the U16/2002 Boys’ and U19/1999 Girls’ age groups).
Information on all stars and tryouts:
- All current SYA Soccer recreational players born 2002-2010 are eligible to try out for their birth year age group provided they are available the entire weekend of Nov 18-19 and have no other commitments. There will be games throughout the day on both days so if your player has another commitment either day, he/she should not try out for all stars. All star teams will practice extra days during the season as well.
- Interested players will try out for their birth year age group for all stars. (ie, if your son was born Mar 15, 2006, he will try out for the 2006 Boys’ all star team. If your daughter was born Dec 1, 2005, she will try out for the 2005 Girls’ all star team).
- Only players that attend tryouts will be selected for all stars To clarify, players born in 2002-2010 MUST attend at least one all star try out in order to be eligible to participate in all stars.
- There is no fee for all star tryouts. If selected for all stars, the registration fee will be $35-$45 depending on the age group and $20 for the all star jersey. We will be using NEW all star jerseys this season so all players must order an all star jersey.
- Players do not need to register for all stars before tryouts. You will sign in at the field.
- We strongly encourage players to attend both tryout dates if possible; but player will still be considered for all stars if player can only attend one of the two tryout dates. Please inform coach at try out if can only attend one try out date.
ALL STAR TRYOUT SCHEDULE
SYA SOCCER SPONSORING FOOD DRIVE – SAT SEP 16 AT PICTURE DAY SITES
SYA is sponsoring a food drive to support The Shelter House at the picture day locations in partnership with the Fairfax County Department of Neighborhood and Community Services. When you are out shopping for your family in the next week, please consider picking up a few items below to donate to this worthy cause. There will be collection areas outside the buildings at the picture day locations:
- Breakfast cereal
- peanut butter
- pasta sauce
- kid’s snack foods
- canned fruit/vegetables
- laundry detergent
- canned soup
- paper products
Thank you in advance for your support!!
NO CLEATS ALLOWED AT PICTURE DAY – SAT SEP 16!
Due to cleats damaging the school floors, clears are not allowed in the school buildings for pictures. Please have your player bring sneakers to wear for picture day and change into cleats for the game.
ADULT SOCCER PLAY SET TO START ON WED SEP 13 – REGISTER NOW!
Now that our youth players are set to play first games this weekend, has it inspired you to play too? SYA Soccer has just the avenue for you!
On Wednesday nights from Sep 13 through Nov 15, we will have adult pick up games at EC Lawrence Park #2 turf from 8:00pm-11:00pm. All 18 and over SYA Soccer parents and coaches are eligible to play.
Fee is bargain priced at $25!!
REGISTER HERE – choose ‘Soccer – Adult league fall 2017’ as your sport
Come join us in playing the beautiful game!
Have questions or need more information? Contact: Neil Kronimus
The home team is listed first and wears RED. Away team wears BLACK. The U6-U19 recreation soccer kits can be purchased at the Soccer Post store located at 13041 Lee Jackson Memorial Hwy (Route 50), Fairfax, VA. This is the Greenbriar shopping center. Starting with fall 2015 season, the white away jersey has been replaced with a BLACK jersey. All players are required the black jersey starting in the fall 2015 season. U4-U5 age groups do not need to purchase a recreational soccer kit and will receive t-shirts as part of their registration fee.
Location: 5950 Centreville Crest Lane, Centreville
Mailing Address: SYA, PO Box 471, Centreville, VA 20122
Fields Cancellation Hotline: (703) 644-8046
Phone: (703) 539-8630
Fax: (703) 815-2180