FALL 2017 RECREATIONAL SOCCER REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!!
Registration for the fall 2017 soccer season is now OPEN. Fees will increase on July 1 and August 1 so take advantage of the discounted fees now! August 1 is when our wait list will start.
SYA with VYSA Announces Player Development Initiatives (PDI) 4 v 4 Pilot Course!
SYA Soccer is pleased to offer this pilot course as a test model for US Soccer’s future 4v4 On-Field License. While the course is geared for the U6-U8 age groups, fundamental coaching concepts will be demonstrated so this is a great course for all coaches, especially those new to coaching.
COACH KEY QUALITIES
- Leading the Team: Keys for organizing the group, role of the club and parents.
- Leading the Player: A coach must know the age characteristics of the player.
- Coaching Training Session: How to organize a practice and teaching tools; How to put together a practice plan?
- Coaching Games: Tips for organizing your team for the game.
- Managing the Performance Environment: Goals of developing this age group.
- Leadership: The coach as a role model.
SYA COURSE DATES:
- Fri Aug 25 7:00-9:30pm, classroom environment, SYA office, 5950 Centreville Crest Lane, Centreville, VA
- Sat, Aug 26, 4:00pm-6:30pm, field work, SYA Sports Park #4, near pavilion, 6626 Bull Run Post Office Rd, Centreville, VA
REGISTER HERE – the course costs $45. Please submit your receipt to SYA administrator at email@example.com and you will be reimbursed for the course.
SAVE THE DATE – SYA SOCCER DAY AT DICK’S SPORTING GOODS – SAT AUGUST 26TH!
WHEN: August 26th
WHERE: DICK’S Sporting Goods –Fair Lakes
WHAT: Bring the ATTACHED FLYER to Gear Up for the season with 20% off*
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR ALL STAR TEAMS! FOUR CROWNED CHAMPIONS AND THREE RECEIVED FINALIST HONORS!!
SYA had 13 U9-U19 all star teams participate in the FPYC Father’s Day all star tournament Jun 17-18. We also had four U8 all star teams participate in the tournament in a non Championship format. We are pleased to announce that we had four teams crowned as Champions: in U9B, coached by Norman Mufarreh, U10B, coached by Carlos Valdivieso, U11G, coached by Richard Buisch, and U12G, coached by Clara Logsdon. Additionally, we had three teams awarded Finalists trophies in: U9G, coached by Osmin Martinez, U14B, coached by Jason Lee, and U19G, coached by Graham Milne. GREAT job!!
Thank you to all our all star coaches for their time and dedication to the all star players. All star coaches by age group were:
- U8G SYA 1 Taylor Bogemann, U8G SYA 2 Megan Kruse, U8B SYA 1 Aidan Geaghan, U8B SYA 2 Kevin Alvarez
- U9B Norman Mufarreh, U9G Osmin Martinez
- U10B Carlos Valdivieso, U10G Eric Stalfort
- U11B Scott McConaghie, U11G Richard Buisch
- U12B Andrew Geiszler, U12G Clara Logsdon
- U14B Jason Lee, U14G Dave Bartlett
- U16B Kyle DeWitt, U16G Ahlan Abdirahman
- U19G Graham Milne
The home team is listed first and wears RED. Away team wears BLACK. The U6-U19 recreation soccer kits can be purchased at the Soccer Post store located at 13041 Lee Jackson Memorial Hwy (Route 50), Fairfax, VA. This is the Greenbriar shopping center. Starting with fall 2015 season, the white away jersey has been replaced with a BLACK jersey. All players are required the black jersey starting in the fall 2015 season. U4-U5 age groups do not need to purchase a recreational soccer kit and will receive t-shirts as part of their registration fee.
Location: 5950 Centreville Crest Lane, Centreville
Mailing Address: SYA, PO Box 471, Centreville, VA 20122
Fields Cancellation Hotline: (703) 644-8046
Phone: (703) 539-8630
Fax: (703) 815-2180