SYA Sports Park
First and foremost, we want to thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to sharing our evolving mission of the SYA Sports Park with you along this journey.
SYA Sports Park Top 10 Facts
|SYA’s Home Field Advantage|
Did You Know?
1. The SYA Sports Park is a 120-acre facility and is 100% owned and operated by SYA. The land was purchased in 1998 and in just this past year alone has held 500 practices and games for SYA leagues and their families.
2. The SYA Sports Park is located at 6626 Bull Run Post Office Road Centreville, Virginia.The Park backs up to Manassas National Park & Battlefield, but is closer than you think!
From the intersection of Routes 28 & 29:
3. The SYA Sports Park is the new kid on the block with 5 fields already constructed – two diamond and three rectangular fields ready to play!
SYA Sports Park after Phase 2 completion: 7 Rectangular Fields and 6 Diamond Fields!!!!
4. The Sports Park is pet friendly!!! Grab a leash and bring your best friend out to the ballgame – we know Fido will appreciate it. We also have pet clean-up stations with bags provided for your convenience.
5. The Sports Park not only includes playing fields but a hiking trail, horse trail easement, cross country trail, batting cage and plenty of open space for frisbee or other fun activities.
6. The Sports Park is great for picnics and a day at the ball field. There is a centrally located pavilion for some shade or a nice place to grab a bite to eat in between games.
7. Admission to the Sports Park is FREE!!! Any SYA family can call or e-mail the Sports Park about reserving a field. Every SYA registration contributes $20 for park upkeep and operations, always assuring the grass is greenest on our side of the fence.
8. The Legacy Walkway is a brick pathway that will be constructed in the Sports Park with your commemorative bricks and fun designs. From the Entry Court to the Pavilion the pathway will be over 700 feet of your brick memories. Support the Park and buy a brick today!!!
9. The Sports Park’s natural Bermuda grass fields are kept green year round by a 250’ irrigation well capable of providing 100 gallons of water per minute. Just one of the ways SYA is helping to go green.
10. Last but not least the SYA Sports Park is fun. The SYA Sports Park is an area dedicated for SYA families and supporters to enjoy family time, quality athletic events and some fresh air. We hope that you get a chance to head out to the Sports Park and enjoy everything you have helped build.
Stay tuned for all the amazing plans and events we have for the future of the Park.
Thank you for your continued support of the SYA Sports Park and our kids!!
SYA Sports Park Campaign Committee
SYA Sports Park Field Day – 2011
The First Annual Sports Park Field Day was a huge success and everyone had a great time. Continue reading to see much more about the day through the observations of one of our many volunteers.
Dear SYA Families:
The spring SYA season is completed, but SYA’s commitment to improving play for all of our children and their teams will continue. This year has also brought about much excitement and change to the Fields of Dreams Project. We have renamed the facility the “SYA Sports Park”, and we now have a new logo and colors designed to bring attention and focus to the project. If you are new to SYA, you may not be aware of this facility. Briefly, SYA purchased a large parcel of land in Centreville, Virginia, to serve as an SYA-owned and operated sports facility. The park is located on Bull Run Post Office Road near Route 29 in Centreville. The SYA Sports Park will include 13 playing fields for all of the popular youth sports.
Phase I of this project is complete – there are currently 3 rectangular fields, 2 diamond fields, batting cages, and a walking trail being used today! On any given day, you will find a park filled with SYA children playing the sports they love. There is also a pavilion and storage shed for use by our coaches and volunteers.
Our SYA children are currently playing Soccer, Little League Baseball, Travel Baseball, Softball, Flag Football and Track and Field at the park. SYA Sports leagues played over 500 games at the SYA Sports Park during this current spring season alone! And that doesn’t include practices.
We are ready to start Phase II. We need your support to help build 4 rectangular fields, 4 diamond fields, 4 volleyball courts and an oval track. Current plans include concession stands, tot lots, and other amenities. Our 1st campaign is a commemorative brick fundraiser for our Legacy Walkway.
We want all of our SYA families to come and enjoy our park. There are many events being planned such as the SYA Sports Park Day scheduled for Saturday, October 15th with live music, games, rides, and great food! We are also working on an overhaul of the SYA Sports Park Web site to provide interactive viewing and updates.
Stay tuned – “SYA Sports Park – Where Virginia Comes to Play!” – is a reality!
For more information on Donor levels and benefits, please email the Campaign Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click “Continue” below to proceed to the SYA Sports Park page:
Click Below To Translate:
SYA Office Location: 5950 Centreville Crest Lane, Centreville, VA 20121 | SYA Mailing Address: Southwestern Youth Association, P.O. Box 471, Centreville, VA 20122 Phone: (703) 815-3362 | Fax: (703) 815-2180 | E-mail: email@example.com | Designed by GroupNet Solutions